May 24, 2012
- Family Events in Johnstown/Laurel Highlands Pa.
- Memorial Day
- "PIN" Us!
- Bike Helmets Are A Must!
- Blue Star Museum Program
- Check Out Our Summer Fun Guide!
- GIRLS NIGHT: THE MUSICAL CANCELLED!
- Homemade Summer Sidewalk Chalk
- Layered Flag Fruit Salad
- May is Brain Tumor Awareness Month
- Wildlife Weekend
- This Week's Picks
- This Week's Calendar
- Plan Ahead
Layered Flag Fruit Salad
2 cans (8 oz each ) pineapple tidbits in juice
2 medium bananas, sliced
3 pints (6 cups) fresh strawberries
3 containers (6 oz each) Yoplait® Original 99% Fat Free lemon burst yogurt
1 1/2 cups frozen (thawed) whipped topping
3 tablespoons powdered sugar
4 cups cubed (1/2 to 3/4 inch) cantaloupe, well drained
1 1/2 pints (3 cups) fresh blueberries
2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice in small bowl. Pat pineapple dry with paper towels to remove any excess liquid. Toss banana slices in pineapple liquid; drain well, discarding liquid. Reserve 18 to 20 strawberries for flag stripes; cut remaining strawberries into quarters.
- In medium bowl, mix yogurt, whipped topping and powdered sugar until well blended and smooth.
- In ungreased 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish, layer cantaloupe and quartered strawberries. Reserve 50 blueberries for flag stars. Layer remaining blueberries over strawberries. Top with bananas, pineapple and marshmallows. With pancake turner, press fruit lightly to even out top. Spread yogurt mixture evenly over fruit. If desired, at this point, salad can be covered and refrigerated up to 4 hours.
- If serving salad immediately, add topping; if salad is refrigerated, add topping up to 1 hour before serving. Sprinkle reserved blueberries in corner to resemble stars of flag. Cut reserved strawberries into quarters. Arrange strawberries in rows to resemble stripes of flag.
You could vary this salad to suit your taste. Why not add or substitute red or green grapes, raspberries or honeydew melon? Chopped pecans, walnuts or pitted dates are also delicious in the salad.
Have your say
© 2013 Macaroni Kid, LLC