We were flipping through a magazine and saw a picture for string heart ornaments (which we thought were really cute!) so we winged it when we got home. This is the way we did it and they came out great!
- Yarn, cut into strips
- 1/2 Cup Cornstarch
- 1 Cup Water
- Heart Shaped Cookie Cutters (these where in the seasonal section at Target, 4/$4.99)
- Stir together the cornstarch and water in a pot until it's smooth and resembles milk.
- Heat mixture on low-medium heat until it thickens and is translucent.
- Pour mixture into a bowl.
- While it's cooling enough to handle, cover a cookie sheet in wax paper or parchment and place cookie cutters on top.
- Dip yarn into the glue mixture and rub the excess off before placing in cookie cutters.
- After making a few layers of yarn, remove the cookie cutter to reveal your valentine! Leave them overnight to dry.
- To make ornaments tie a pretty ribbon to them and hang them in the window with some tiny suction hangers.
- For magnets, glue a magnet to the back or make a clothespin magnet by gluing a clothespin to the back and a heavy magnet to the clothespin.