Watermelon is a summer staple. It doesn't get much better than just slicing up a watermelon and enjoying it fresh, but if you are looking for new ways to use up watermelon, we have the answer: Watermelon Pops!
Kids will love this simple sweet treat, and you'll love that it has no added sugar.
- 4-5 cups of seedless watermelon chunks
- 1-2 tbsp of fresh lime juice
- Add watermelon and lime juice to a blender and puree. (You can strain if you want to get rid of chunks.)
- Pour into your ice pop molds, leaving about an inch gap at the top for expansion, and freeze.
Makes 6-8 ice pops in typically-sized molds.
Geshas via Canva
Want to mix it up? Here are some ways to make watermelon pops even more delish:
- Throw in a few strawberries to add some extra natural sweetness.
- Add a few mint leaves when pureeing to create a watermelon mint pop. Divine.
- Add about 1/2 cup of coconut milk to the puree to make deliciously creamy treats.
ivannalukiian via Canva
If I’ve missed an important holiday/event/etc. please let me know so that I can make sure to include it in the future. If you have a topic that you would like to be covered, please let me know. I do this for our community. While I do make some money from advertising or sponsors. So please be kind. If you would like to volunteer to enter events, help contact businesses, help with crafts at events, promote the website and it’s features/content in social media groups, plan a community event or any other task, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org as I can always use help.
Have an event coming up? Submit at Johnstown.MacaroniKID.com/events for our FREE event calendar.
We're constantly looking for content! Have an idea? Contact us via social at @MacKIDJohnstown or email us at MacaroniKIDJohnstownPA@MacaroniKID.com
Have a business that you'd like featured in our weekly email and on our website? Email MacaroniKIDJohnstownPA@macaronikid.com for more information.
Have a craft idea you want to share? Email me at MacaroniKIDJohnstownPA@MacaroniKID.com
Have you made a craft that you found on Macaroni KID Johnstown - Laurel Highlands - Altoona? Tag us in your social pictures @MacKIDJohnstown so that we can see your artwork! We love seeing the different ways you've created!