EVEN THOUGH THERE ARE LESS PEOPLE ON THE ROAD DUE TO WORKING AT HOME AND COVID RESTRICTIONS, THESE TIPS ARE CRITICAL TO WINTER IN OUR REGION!
Stay Safe Macaroni by using these tips:
- ALWAYS wear your seat belt!
- Depending on the conditions, you may need to reduce your speed.
- Make sure that your battery, lights, emergency flashers and wiper blades are in working order.
- Check fluids and make sure that your gas tank is full before hitting the road.
- Make sure that your tires are properly inflated and have adequate tread.
- It's a good idea to have an emergency kit with a fully charged cell phone, heavy blanket, gloves, salt or sand (or cat litter), flashlight, water and non-perishable food.
- Use extra caution on bridges and ramps, and beware of black ice.
Here are some great winter driving tips from AAA.