What You’ll Need:
1 Styrofoam Cone
1 Package aluminum foil
1 Box Round Toothpicks
2 Bags Hershey Kisses
- Wrap styrofoam cone in aluminum foil.
- Break the toothpicks in half.
- Stick the pointy side of the toothpick into the bottom of a kiss.
- Stick the broken end of the toothpick into the styrofoam cone, starting at the bottom and working your way around and up the cone. Be very careful about sticking the broken end into the cone and not the candy as you don’t want any wood pieces stuck in the candy!
- Sometimes while trying to put the toothpick in the cone, the toothpick will break off from the candy. Be sure to throw that piece of candy out as it may contain a piece of toothpick still stuck in it.
- Then put a full toothpick into the bottom of a kiss and the other end into the top of the cone for the “star”.
You can use plain silver kisses or mix and match with Christmas colors.
This is a fun project for kids 7+.
I did do the project with my 5 year old daughter; however I didn’t have her stick the toothpicks in the candy or the cone. She separated the candies according to color and handed them to me in the order I needed them.
Use your own judgment as to what you feel your child can or cannot do with this project.