We all know how much kids love slime. This slime is a little different as it comes out nice and fluffy. Using orange and yellow food coloring makes this slime candy corn-colored, which is a fun touch for Halloween and fall.
Here's how to make the yellow puffy slime. Simply repeat two more times for orange and white!
Puffy Candy Corn Slime
- 1/2 cup white glue
- 3-4 cups unscented shaving cream
- Yellow food coloring
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbsp saline solution
- Combine 1/2 cup white glue and 3 to 4 cups shaving cream in a large bowl. Mix well. Add a few drops of yellow food coloring. Stir to mix in the color.
- Stir in 1/4 tsp baking soda.
- Add 1 Tbsp. contact solution a little at a time while mixing. Keep adding the contact solution and mix until the slime becomes a ball and is less sticky. If it is too sticky, add a tiny bit of contact solution at a time until it isn't sticky.
- Repeat these steps using the orange food coloring, and a final batch without food coloring for white.
- Combine the three different colored batches of slime together for some candy corn-colored fun.
Jennifer Hill is the publisher of Macaroni KID Fremont-Newark-Union City, Calif.
If I’ve missed an important holiday/event/etc. please let me know so that I can make sure to include it in the future. If you have a topic that you would like to be covered, please let me know. I do this for our community. While I do make some money from advertising or sponsors. So please be kind. If you would like to volunteer to enter events, help contact businesses, help with crafts at events, promote the website and it’s features/content in social media groups, plan a community event or any other task, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org as I can always use help.
Have an event coming up? Submit at Johnstown.MacaroniKID.com/events for our FREE event calendar.
We're constantly looking for content! Have an idea? Contact us via social at @MacKIDJohnstown or email us at MacaroniKIDJohnstownPA@MacaroniKID.com
Have a business that you'd like featured in our weekly email and on our website? Email MacaroniKIDJohnstownPA@macaronikid.com for more information.
Have a craft idea you want to share? Email me at MacaroniKIDJohnstownPA@MacaroniKID.com
Have you made a craft that you found on Macaroni KID Johnstown - Laurel Highlands - Altoona? Tag us in your social pictures @MacKIDJohnstown so that we can see your artwork! We love seeing the different ways you've created!