These cookies are the perfect combination of sweet, chewy, and salty — that perfect treat that satisfies all your cravings in just one bite — or four.
This recipe is a new family favorite and it's easy to make with ingredients you probably already have on hand. Warning, you may want to make a double batch — they don't last a day in my household!
Salted Oatmeal Coconut Cookies
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 1/2 cups old-fashioned/rolled oats
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1-2 tsp sea salt
- Line cookie sheets with silicone mats, parchment paper, or spray with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine oil, white sugar, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Beat together until all ingredients are well-combined. Don't over mix.
- Add flour, baking soda, oats, and coconut. Stir with a wooden spoon until well combined.
- Refrigerate dough for 10-15 minutes.
- Form dough into balls that are about 1 tablespoon each, place on the cookie sheet, and flatten slightly with a spatula or the palm of your hand.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes until edges are slightly browned.
- Sprinkle cookies with sea salt as soon as they come out of the oven.
- Cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack so they set.