One of my favorite parts of fall? Apples! Apples are everywhere! They are so versatile, and can be incorporated in any meal. Softened apples make a great topping for pancakes, while freshly sliced apples taste great in a grilled cheese sandwich. Or mix diced apples into a chicken salad for a delicious crunch ... the possibilities with apples are endless.
But my favorite dessert using apples? Apple Crisp! This Apple Crisp recipe is our family tradition, and I make this yummy dessert as often as possible during apple season.
- 5 medium-sized apples, peeled and diced (I love to use Granny Smith when they're in season, but lots of types will work — Jonathan, Fuji, Golden Delicious, etc.)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup butter
- Place your peeled and diced apples into a pie pan.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add the egg and mix until crumbly. Pour mixture over apples evenly.
- Melt the butter and pour it on top of the flour mixture.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 30 minutes, until the top is a nice golden brown.
darkscott via Canva
Serve this apple crisp warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a perfect fall evening pick-me-up.
Have an event coming up? Submit at Johnstown.MacaroniKID.com/events for our FREE event calendar.
We're constantly looking for content! Have an idea? Contact us via social at @MacKIDJohnstown or email us at MacaroniKIDJohnstownPA@MacaroniKID.com
Have a business that you'd like featured in our weekly email and on our website? Email MacaroniKIDJohnstownPA@macaronikid.com for more information.
Have a craft idea you want to share? Email me at MacaroniKIDJohnstownPA@MacaroniKID.com
Have you made a craft that you found on Macaroni KID Johnstown - Laurel Highlands - Altoona? Tag us in your social pictures @MacKIDJohnstown so that we can see your artwork! We love seeing the different ways you've created!