This is an uncertain time, and things seem to be changing by the day -- if not the hour -- with coronavirus and the reaction to it as health officials and the government try to slow its spread.
Events are being canceled and I have marked them as such on the events calendar as I hear about them. But I always recommend verifying event details with the venue before you attend, and it is especially important to do so right now as events in Johnstown, Ligonier, Altoona and everywhere we cover may be canceled with little to no notice.
Macaroni Kid Johnstown-Laurel Highlands-Altoona will update our calendar as we hear of cancellations. For instance, Home Depot and Lowe's have canceled their kids' workshops nationwide for the time being. All K-12 Pennsylvania schools will be closed through the foreseeable future effective Monday, March 16 and libraries have been instructed to close for routine, public library services beginning on Saturday, March 14 and remain closed.
Many, if not all summer events and camps have been canceled for the 2020 season.
We will continue to try to bring you the most up to date info, but if you have questions, it is best to contact the venue.
If you hear of any event cancellations not reflected on the Macaroni Kid Johnstown-Laurel Highlands-Altoona events calendar, please reach out to me at email@example.com or on our Facebook page and I will update the calendar.
THOUGH, PLEASE NOTE THAT IF AN INPERSON EVENT DOES TAKE PLACE, YOU WILL SEE THIS ON THE LISTING:
"This event listing is informational only and is not a recommendation to attend. Please evaluate your family's health carefully before attending, and please follow all mask and social distancing requirements when attending any in-person event."
And, of course, please take care of yourselves and your family. (But leave some toilet paper for the rest of us.)
- 7 Answers to What You Need to Know About the Coronavirus
- Recording Oral History During the Coronavirus
- Sandyvale Memorial Day Ceremony Canceled Due to Coronavirus
- 7 Ways to Celebrate Mother's Day in the Time of Coronavirus
- 🦠 CORONAVIRUS TOOLKIT From University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown
- The Salvation Army Responds to Coronavirus
- 10 Tips For Proper Pandemic Etiquette for the Socially Conscious
- Talking To Your Kids About Coronavirus
- Question About COVID-19 and Dr. Jill Henning From One of Her Students
- Dr. Jill Talks to Kids About Covid-19
- Quarantined Clutter
- 9 Ways to Make Passover Fun and Meaningful During Covid-19
- Stuck At Home? Check Out Our Guide of Easy Crafts, Recipes and More!
TOP TRENDING SEARCHES
🌸 Macaroni Kid Johnstown/Laurel Highlands/Altoona is a free weekly e-newsletter and website that highlights all of the great things for kids and their families to do in the community. Plus, you can find fun activities, family-focused businesses, book and product reviews, recipes, crafts, and much more! Macaroni Kid Johnstown/Laurel Highlands/Altoona serves families in Johnstown, Ligonier, Ebensburg, Hollidaysburg, Altoona and other surrounding communities.